Pleasant news for dog owners: this year seven beaches of Cyprus can be visited with four-legged friends.
The Central Beach Management Committee announced two beaches in Paphos and Limassol, as well as one in Nicosia, Larnaca and Paralimni, open to swimming with dogs. Owners of animals are strongly advised to take care of the safety and comfort of other holidaymakers with dogs, observe hygiene rules and respect the environment.
The dog can be taken to the following beaches:
- Beach of Stertasia in the area of Kato Pirgos (Nicosia district).
- Caseanis Beach is next to Spiros Beach, south of Larnaca Airport.
- The beach is to the north-west of Paphos airport, where the river Ezusa flows into the sea, the region of Ahelia.
- The beach in the Pitili area near the village of Neo Horye (Paphos district).
- The beach in Karavopetra (near the SALA sewage plant) in the area of Monagrulli (Limassol district).
- The beach in Proliminos, west of Pissouri (Limassol district).
- Beach of Glyki Nero A in Paralimni.