1. "I am the Lord your God ... Have no other gods before me."
2. "Do not make for yourself an idol and no image of what is in the sky above, and what's on the ground below, and what's in the water below the earth."
3. "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not leave unjustly those who pronounce his name in vain." ...
4. "Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; And the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. "
5. "Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long upon the earth."
6. "Dont kill".
7. "Thou shalt not commit adultery."
8. "Do not steal."
9. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."
10. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house; Do not covet your neighbor's wife; Neither his servant, nor his maid, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that belongs to your neighbor. "
(Ex. 20: 2-17)
And everything seems to be clear. True.
Mankind eventually wrote a lot of laws, codes and constitutions. For what?
Maybe in order to give ourselves the right to choose to sin or not, which in itself is already a sin?
For example: the criminal code of almost any state presupposes the punishment for the murder of a person in the form of imprisonment for a certain period, and only in certain cases, the death penalty.
That is, the law tells you: you commit murder - you lose freedom for a while, you do not commit - you will live free. You have a choice - to kill or not. The only question is how much you value freedom ...
The commandment of the Lord Our choice does not give - "Do not kill" and that's it. It is a sin.
Modern codes and legal norms, these are not laws, but the right to choose. And this is not a choice between crime and punishment, but a choice between crimes.
It is a sin to commit murder, for example, and sin not to commit murder, but thinking about it. How often do we hear the phrase: "Would kill ..."? Often people say it hotly ... And what does the commandment say? "Do not kill" and there is no other option, there is no choice for the appearance of sinful thoughts. There is not even an opportunity to think about it.
How clear and clear the Lord has given us all that makes us human.
And how much we excelled in our lives, becoming deaf and blind, and began to come up with their own laws.
Is it any wonder that negative things happen around us if we gave ourselves the right to choose. And this choice is often very far from the commandments of the Lord ...
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner. Amen.
"REFLECTIONS" Grandpa Go