Let's talk about how to behave in different situations during a visit to Cyprus.
So, at the meeting should:
- shake hands, smile and maintain direct eye contact during the greeting;
- it is important to note that many Cypriots lower their eyes during the greeting as a sign of respect;
- very religious Muslims do not shake hands with women;
- on small events hosts certainly introduce you to other guests;
- If you're on the go, be sure to say goodbye to each individual guest.
As for gift giving, you should know:
- If you are invited to visit be sure to take delicious pastries or candies;
- In no case do not give white lilies, in Cyprus, they are used only at the funeral;
- when you give a gift, do not expect that it will open soon in Cyprus is not accepted.
Now let's talk about the etiquette of the table that is known to be much important. Here are some guidelines on how to behave during a dinner at the house of Cyprus:
- We need to welcome all the guests of the house alone;
- for lunch to get dressed simply, but at the same time good;
- it will be very polite with your hand, if you offer to help the hostess as before dinner, and after it;
- do not sit at the table until you are invited;
- it is important to know that the oldest man or the most honored guest sits down first;
- pass dishes only with his right hand;
- on your part will very politely, if you do not leave anything on your plate;
- if you have not finished eating, the fork and the knife is put crosswise over the plate;
- If you finish the meal, then put the knife and fork parallel on the right side of the plate.