Airports Cyprus adopt new flights
Airlines expand the program flight from Cyprus: some returned after a brief absence, the other to optimize a route map, and the third so far only planning to fly from Larnaca and Paphos. While Cyprus has no direct flights to the United States, China and Australia. But representatives of the airline industry already calculate whether the island of Aphrodite become a transport hub on the way from Europe to Asia and Australia, and how profitable can be given directions.
In an interview ttgmedia.com Manager Marketing and Public Relations airports of Larnaca and Paphos Maria Kurup acknowledged that Cyprus lacks direct flights to Prague, Geneva and Gdansk. In addition, it would be necessary to establish regular flights from Barcelona and Madrid. It might be more flights to France and Italy, for example, is still underestimated the potential of the Milan direction.
- Romanian low-cost airlineBlue Air, Based in Bucharest, with 9 April launched a flight from Larnaca to Cluj-Napoca Airport. Liners Blue Air will fly in the Romanian city three times a week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays). On March 26 Blue Air flies three times a week to Birmingham (city picturesque canals and the Chocolate Factory). On June 17 low-cost airlines will start flights from Cyprus to Liverpool.
- German airlineCondor Airlines 3 early April to fly from Larnaca to Hanover, Frankfurt, Munich and Düsseldorf. 6 April Condor carried out the first flight from Frankfurt to Paphos.
- Flights from London (Stansted) - Larnaca - a joint projectJet2.com & Jet2holidays. The first airliner landed at Larnaca 5 April. Flights to the UK capital will be carried out three times a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays). 2 April Paphos landed aboard Jet2.com & Jet2holidays from Birmingham (ships on this route will fly twice a week on Wednesdays and Sundays). After a week in Paphos came first flight from London Stansted Airport (flights will be operated twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays). At present, the airline carries Jet2.com seven flights out of Larnaca and Paphos of eight.
- German airlineEurowings, Based in Düsseldorf, has launched a flight from Larnaca to Stuttgart. This is a great opportunity to visit the cradle of the German automobile industry and to learn the culture, architecture and history of the capital of Baden-Württemberg. Flight is carried out on Saturdays.
- Europe's largest nizkobyudzhetnikRyanairHe refused the flight to Athens to Tel Aviv. The last flight to the capital of the Greek airline complied 27 March and has already 28 March carried out the first flight from Paphos to Tel Aviv. The Israeli government has allocated for 250 000 euros as a grant to the airlines, which will open flights to Ben Gurion airport in new directions. Irish low-cost airlines took advantage of this tempting offer.
- 26 March at Paphos airport, arrived aboard the first airlineGermanyfrom Nuremberg. Landing ship was greeted with a water cannon, creating an arch over it from the water. Flights on the route Paphos - Nuremberg will be carried out twice a week.
- Lithuanian charter airlineSmall Planet Airlines(Head office in Vilnius) has launched two weekly flights from Larnaca to Leipzig and once a week - in Munich. "Small Planet" also flies once a week from Larnaca to three German airports (Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Hamburg) and one Swiss (Basel). Please note that purchase tickets online will not work, they are only the tour operators.
- 28 June rise from the ashes airlineCyprus Airways. At the first stage it will fly from Larnaca to Crete Heraklion capital twice a week.
- 95% of people who visit the Republic of Cyprus are the airports of Larnaca and Paphos. 5% arrive on the island by sea.
- 70% - those who live in Cyprus or spends some time here, 30% - transit passengers.
- 80% of those coming to the island - tourists, 20% - permanently residing in Cyprus.
Air service. Statistics for the year 2016
Larnaca International Airport
- The number of passengers who used the airport services, - 6 637 692 person
- 66 airlines
- More 100 directions
- 459 flights per week
Paphos International Airport
- The number of passengers who used the airport services, - 2 336 471 person
- 24 airlines
- 44 directions
- 133 flights a week