A very unexpected post issued on his Facebook Veikko Korhonen from the city of Oulu (Finland). The results of Russia's "aggression" - half of Europe and part of Asia received statehood from the hands of Russia (the USSR)!
Let us remember who it:
- Finland in 1802 and 1918 gg. Until 1802 g. Never had its own state.
- Latvia in 1918 (before 1918 had never had its own state) .- Estonia in 1918 (before 1918, it never had its own state).
- Lithuania restored the statehood in 1918, too, thanks to Russia.
- Poland has restored with the help of Russia twice, in 1918 and 1944. The division of Poland between the USSR and Germany is only a short episode!
- Romania was born as a result of the Russian-Turkish wars, and became sovereign at the behest of Russia in 1877-1878.
- Moldova as a state was born within the USSR.
- Bulgaria as a state was born as a result of the victory of Russian weapons in the Russian-Turkish war 1877-1878., Which had its purpose. As a gratitude, the state of Bulgaria participated in two world wars as part of anti-Russian coalitions. Now Bulgaria is a member of NATO, and on its territory there are US bases. After 1945 year on its territory there was not a single Russian soldier ...
- Serbia as a sovereign state was born as a result of this war.
- Azerbaijan as a state took shape for the first time only in the USSR.
- Armenia was preserved physically and was reborn as a state only in the USSR.
- Georgia was preserved physically and was reborn as a state only in the USSR.
- Turkmenistan never had statehood and formed it only in the USSR.
- Kyrgyzstan never had a statehood and formed it only as a part of the USSR.
- Kazakhstan never had statehood and formed it only in the USSR.
- Mongolia never had statehood and it was formed only with the help of the USSR.
- Belarus and Ukraine also for the first time gained statehood as a consequence of the Great October Revolution within the USSR. And in 1991, complete independence.
But you can still read the role of Russia and the USSR in the birth and establishment of such states as the PRC, Vietnam, DPRK, India, Greece from the Turks beat Russia back in 1821, Algeria, Cuba, Israel, Angola, Mozambique, etc ...
This is some kind of strange "aggression" from Russia.
I will add from the commentary Dmitry Marchenko:
- The independence of Switzerland, won by France Suvorov 217 years ago, they have never fought since (!);
- The liberation of Austria from the Third Reich 1945; - The liberation of Czechoslovakia from the Third Reich 1945;
- The position of Catherine II at 1780 with the creation of the League of Armed Neutrality and the actual support of the North American United States contributed to the defeat of England and the attainment of US independence;
- Twice in the last 2 centuries Russia has granted independence to most European countries by grinding the armies of the dictators of Napoleon and Hitler;
- Stalin's position in negotiations with the United States and Britain gave Germany the opportunity to preserve statehood after the defeat of the Third Reich in 1945;
- Gorbachev's position allowed to re-unite Germany without problems in 1990;
- Without the help of the USSR, Egypt could not stand and consolidate its independence in the war with Israel, Britain, France in 1956-57, in 1967, the intervention of the USSR stopped the war against Israel and Egypt, actually saved the Arabs from the defeat in two wars in 1967-74- Angola won its independence to 1975 only thanks to the USSR;
- Most of the colonies of Western Europe gained their independence thanks to the world decolonization movement after the Second World War, the main role of which was played by the USSR.
The whole history of Russia shows that it was consistent with any power in upholding the principles of independence and self-determination of nations and peoples, in every possible way helped create a multipolar world in any era.
And very often, unfortunately, at the same time, it sacrificed its own interests both of the state and of its population. If our policy was analogous to the British one, now half the world would be in the Russian Imperial Commonwealth of Nations, and the Russian people would bathe in luxury, like the sheikhs of Saudi Arabia - at the expense of the countries liberated from other colonizers.
PS This is our Russia! Be proud of her, love her, cherish her and protect her! This is our great homeland!