Go to Publicity
«Back to news

News

07.04.2017 - 15: 16

NATO Secretary-General has called the Syrian authorities responsible for US strike

The Syrian authorities are responsible for the fact that the United States on Friday night caused a massive missile attack on an air base Shayrat, said NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.

According to him, the US attack occurred after the "use of chemical weapons in Khan Shaykhun, the victims of which dozens of people were," RIA "Novosti".

Recall, the US is groundless and unsubstantiated blaming the Syrian authorities in the use of chemical weapons in Idlib, on the orders of the US president Donald Trump struck a massive blow to the base of Shayrat in Homs province, which, according to recent data, 10 people died. The Kremlin said that the US strikes de facto applied for the benefit of terrorist organizations.

However, Stoltenberg said that "NATO supports all international efforts aimed at achieving peace and a political solution in Syria."

According to a source in NATO, US Secretary of Defense Dzheyms Mettis informed Stoltenberg before striking on base in Syria.

Earlier on Friday, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Maria Zakharova said that the attack by American cruise missiles on the Syrian government troops prepared in advance, the decision was taken in Washington, before the events in Idlib, which were simply used as an excuse for a show of force.

A source: LOOK

Tags: NATO, Syria, USA, war in the Middle East, Politics

GTranslate Your license is inactive or expired, please subscribe again!