The farther away, the more controversial look of the Russian-Turkish relations. Optimistic-friendly affiliate rhetoric covers more numerous mutual attacks in various fields. Erdogan's visit to Russia has strengthened the impression that, perhaps, between Moscow and Ankara lies some covert arrangement. But what can it be?
Recent weeks have been marked by strange, divergent trends in Russian-Turkish relations.
On the one hand, she held on March 10Recep Erdoganin Russia, the results of which are both national leaders expressedoptimismand firm convictionbright prospectsbilateral relations.
16 March, Vladimir Putin received credentials of new Turkish ambassador to Russia and reiterated the normalization of Russian-Turkish relations.
However, at the same time optimistic rhetoric decisions are made - by both parties - that it is difficult to be regarded as friendly.
Most notable in this series following the news become part of Turkey.
1. Ankara stopped ferry service to the Crimea, which was renewed in October 2016 years.
2. Turkey staged performance, perhaps as a warning or probing the soil, for the introduction of protective duties for Russian grain. Although information has been denied, "osadochek stayed."
However, it would be wrong to say that "the game is one-sided." Russia for its part, continues to hold Turkey in limbo for a number of very pressing issues for her.
1. Vladimir Putin promised in the near future to lift the ban on the employment of Turkish workers who entered after the attack on Russian bomber. However, restoring the topic of visa-free regime for the citizens of Turkey, it is extremely relevant in this context, the Kremlin ignored.
2. Russia lifted the ban on the delivery of some Turkish food, but it affected the most insignificant for the Turkish position (onions, broccoli, chewing gum and so on. N.). In this case the key products (tomatoes, cucumbers and so on. D.) Were under embargo.
3. We must not forget the adverse developments for Turkey in Syria, whose government directly demanded that the Turkish troops to leave the country, and reinforced the requirement for unpleasant Turkish military achievements. As a result, the head of the Turkish General Staff said on the achievement of the purposes of the operation "The Shield Euphrates" in Syria, which seems likely to maintain good mine a bad game, rather than a reflection of the real situation.
It is indicative of the Kremlin's position on these "exchanges pleasantries." When asked about possible Turkish prohibitive duties on Russian grain followedofficial commentThat it will not affect the normalization of bilateral relations, that is, frankly unfriendly step the Turkish authorities caused a very calm reaction of the Russian authorities.
For ordinary Russians the situation is aggravated by the recent ups and downs of bilateral relations - from the downed Russian bomber to rescue the Kremlin Erdogan during a military coup. In this situation, obviously unfriendly steps Ankara perceived particularly acutely and relaxed the Kremlin's position on this issue requires an explanation.
On set of circumstances more clearly gives the impression that these "sparring fights" have become part of some non-public transactions between Moscow and Ankara, which was concluded (or finally confirmed) during the recent visit of Erdogan.
In this regard, the question arises: what is it can be for a transaction and what is its essence?
Events of recent years have confirmed a very old political axiom: Russia and Turkey are natural geopolitical rivals, which always have a long list of stumbling blocks on which their positions are diametrically opposed. Historians of twelve Russian-Turkish wars for a little less than half a millennium. However, that's a hundred years countries have been able to overcome the contradictions, sometimes very hard, without the use of military force.
Perhaps here lies the secret of the ambiguity of the present situation.
Whatever may have been the sharp contradictions between Russia and Turkey on many issues, there are two important facts that make them continue the dialogue and to find a common language.
First, the hard (up to the military) conflict between the two countries will be a "godsend" for a very large number of countries are actively playing in the Black Sea and Middle East regions. Russian-Turkish confrontation will result in a mutual weakening that will please too many of our partners.
Secondly, in addition to the contradictions in Russia and Turkey has a number of topics, in which countries are interlinked and mutually interested in the most profound way, for example, in the energy sector: Turkey has a serious power shortage, but for Russia is very attractive Turkish market for the supply of energy and power. It is significant that during the visit of Turkish President to Moscowcallthe project NPP "Akkuyu" as one of the most strategically significant tasks that are vital to his country.
In aggregate, this suggests the main points of the new status quo rosiyskogo-Turkish relations:
· Maximum respect for public policy "politeness."
· Nonintersection certain "red lines" in order to prevent slipping of the bilateral relations back to the "Ice Age", since it will benefit only the third country.
· And the rest - the traditional competition and bargaining, including "painful techniques" on a wide range of topics. In general, the fact that in the classic film characterized by the phrase, "In short, there is a normal everyday life."
For some, such a position may seem Kremlin's weakness, given how much he must personally Erdogan. However, Turkey has been and remains a major regional power, even if some of its habits and traditions are not too pleasant and friendly from Russia.
Neighbors on the globe do not choose. And the consequences of the attempts to solve the problem fundamentally uncomfortable neighbor - whether by breaking every block or bonds, even to the detriment of themselves - demonstrates the experience of Ukraine.