Today: April 21 2019
Negative effects of unreasonable choice of profession is beginning to affect the period of teaching in higher education institutions or profile. How do you choose your career path and to minimize errors and frustration?
According to the Institute of vocational and technical education students about 40% 1-year students are not satisfied with PTU chosen profession and 40-60% college seniors do not want to work in the chosen specialty. Studies show that only 10% of students to adequately assess their capabilities.
And some more numbers:
• 25% of students choose a profession on the advice of friends;
• 17% on the advice of their parents;
• 9% guided by random factors (eg, territorial proximity of school);
• 10% of students choose a profession under the influence of the media;
• other guided interest in the content of labor.
According to the "Single wage-directory" there are more than a thousand occupations 50. In Russia there are more than thousands 7-E. So, about a thousand occupations 43 in Russia does not yet exist. This may be due to climatic, socio-economic conditions or a lack of demand in some form of activity or just one or the other sphere has not yet become relevant for us.
Period of employment activity in a person's life is limited, and therefore somehow insulting spend unloved 8 business hours of your life every day. In connection with this question of professional self. The question is important not only for those who complete high school, but also for adults who suddenly realize that they are doing is not what you want, and what happened. How to choose a professional way and to minimize errors and frustration?
What prevents our correct choice?
1. Ignorance of the world trades - existing and relevant perspective
Existing professions are sometimes judged on the basis of knowledge that Aunt Clava's son works in the bank, and at Marppetny the engineer in the factory. At the same time, it does not matter that Aunt Klava's son is not the owner of the bank, but simply an accountant. Accountants are always thinking that they are literally sitting on bags of money and turning millions with profit for themselves. A psychologist is perceived as a walking x-ray of human souls. Hence the very common jokes about "you are a doctor", "you are an interpreter", "you are a manager", etc. Thus, it turns out that most people do not know the specifics of some professions and have an extremely superficial idea of their content. As for the prospective professions, the time when everyone was eager to become economists and lawyers, it was irrevocable. Representatives of these professions today more than enough. The labor market in Russia today requires specialists in the following areas:
• In the field of marketing and management major demand for sellers, marketers, logistics and advertising specialists.
• In the field of information technology needed by system administrators, programmers 1S, professionals involved in the development of web sites (web-programming, web-design), specialists in search engine optimization, responsible for website promotion, content managers responsible for the content.
• In the economic sphere requires credit experts, financial analysts, accountants.
• Professions construction sector, hospitality and tourism were and are popular especially with the organization of the Winter Olympics in Sochi in 2014 year, the World Cup in 2018 year, as well as the development of tourism and recreation industry in Russia.
• also include technical professions high demand for engineers, industrial engineers.
• According to analysts in five years one of the most sought-after professions are an ecologist, a chemist and expert in the field of innovative technologies.
2. Ignorance of the rules of occupational choices
Misconception about the nature of an activity that leads to the selection does not match the humans inclinations, abilities and character features. Profession may be selected on the basis of representations of it as romantic (geologist, actor), intelligent (doctor, engineer, scientist), fashion (designer, lawyer, manager), money (broker, a sailor, a plastic surgeon), or on the grounds that several generations of the family are employed in it.
Terms of career choices
• It should identify in which areas there is a need today, to talk with successful members of the profession who are engaged in it for years. This will see the prospect of the next 2-3 year.
• Find out which institutions provide training in these specialties. Better to choose public schools with a name to collect the maximum number of comments about them, read tutorials and see faculty.
• Find an opportunity to try his hand almost in this environment at least for trainee positions, or as a freelancer.
• Assess the real employment opportunities, view recent research on job search sites or jobs in large organizations, as well as the demand for the profession in different regions of Russia and abroad.
• Do not succumb to the indirect or direct influence of friends, because they come from their ideas about what you need, and it can greatly diverge from yours. Furthermore, even close people tend to project their negative experience. If Uncle Vasya 90-e went to trade after working as an engineer, it is unlikely that it will adhere to the opinion that the engineer - a wonderful profession. It is important to remember that the attitude to the profession of any person made up of many factors.
3. Ignorance itself - in terms of health, their abilities, personal qualities and flavors goals
Often lawyers seek those who can not stand hard work, a psychologist studying is emotionally deaf people and on geological expeditions dream personality with deep chronic diseases. Therefore, before choosing the future scope of activities, listen to yourself and evaluate your options.
Thing to remember is that the work is attractive only when it encounters an internal response, and therefore meets our inclinations. Often activities can like your results, associated benefits, recognition in society, social status and other benefits that it provides. But the real tendency always mean disposition and to the process of activity, when the work is not just a means to kakih-nibud goals, but itself becomes attractive and serves as a source of inspiration.
On materials: domashniy.ru